terça-feira, janeiro 17, 2006

1318gildor29song

> "Remember that?!, an old one, from the days of Beleriand!"
>
> the horse shooks his head:
> "Yeeeenrh-pfrfrfrfrf."
>
> Gildor
> "It's a beautiful one!: it goes on like this...
>
> [continues]

Gildor
"So,

Am----------------------G-----------------------------Am
Last night as I lay dreaming -- of pleasant days gone by
Am----------------------------------------------C----------G
mey mind being bent on ra-ambling -- to Nargoth Rond I did fly
Am-----------------------------------C-------------------G
I stepped on board a vision -- and I followed wi-ith the will
-----Am--------------------G-------------------------Am
when next I came to anchor at -- the cross near amon Thil...

Delighted by the vision -- enchanted by the scene
where in mey early bo-oyhood -- so often I-I had been
I thought I heard a murmur -- and I think I hear it still
it's that little stre-eam of wa-ater -- that flows down amon Thil...

Being on the 23rd of Nar -- the da-ay before the fair
when Nargoth Rond's sons and daughters -- in crowds assembled there
the young the old the brave and the bold -- their duty to fulfill
at the sacred rond of Narog's king -- a mile from amon Thil

I went to see-ee mey neighbours -- to hear what they might say
the brave ones were all dead and gone -- and the youngster's eyes
[turning gray
I met Tilion, the taylor -- he's bold as e-ever still
sure he used to make my britches -- w'n I lived in a-amon Thil

(I paid a flying visit to -- mey fi-irst and only love:
she's as fair as the prettiest li-ily -- and she's gen-ntle a-as a
[dove
She threw her arms around me saying -- 'Faroth I lo-ove you still!...'
By the valar she's Wen, the fa-armer's daughter -- the pri-ide of a-
[-amon Thil!...

I dreamed I he-eld and kissed her -- as i-in the days of yore...
she said 'Faroth you're only jo-oking -- as many's the ti-ime
[before...)
The cock, he crew in the mo-orning -- he crew both lo-oud and srill
I awoke in Li-indon far away -- many miles from a-amon Thil..."

After a brief moment of solemn silence, at last, Gildor asked:

"This is it!, what do you think?"

Hindrun
"Pfrfrfrfrfrfrfrfr!..."

Gildor
"You're never happy!... What a company!"

Hindrun
"Eeeeeenrhrh!"

Gildor looks back, and ahead.

"O, I see... You're right, mate: we're going to have rain, I see...
Better hurry up! Let's go, and find shelter before it falls."