terça-feira, janeiro 17, 2006

1171gildor28et_niphredol

> REVIEW | Gildor shares his plans with the horse.

The trotting during the morning had been swift and quiet.

In the afternoon, Gildor was surprised by a sudden intervention: it
was Niphredol, the thoron.

He had landed behind a hill, and awaited for Gildor to pass by. When
the elf was passing by, Niphredol came out, behind him, and before he
could notice, the bird shouted:

"Hail, Gildor Inglorion! Are the winds happy with our meeting?!"

Gildor jumped to the floor, and although he had recognized the voice,
in the haste, he had his sword in hand, unsheathed.

"Niphredol! I expected to find you yet, during this trip. But I had
heard that you had been spending days at Ereintherinin's Nest, by
Gwaihir... What are you doing here?!"

Niphredol:

"I was given a mission, sire elf: to find the Blue Messenger. Have
you seen him around, or heard of him? It has been difficult to find
him."

Gildor:

"Luin? Last time I heard of him, he was at Beorn's... Everyone knows
he's been working there."

Niphredol:

"Yes, but some things happened, and I did not find Beorn. Nor did I
find the Blue Meleb. The clues have lead me to these lands. I'm about
to believe that I'm going to find him at Cirdan's..."

Gildor:

"Only if he's arrived there during the last four days. I've come from
there, and he wasn't there. The Emyn Beraid are around, too, and it
happens that it used to be a refuge of his kin, since it was
abandoned by the dunedain."

Niph:

"But has been deserted, now. You should know this..."

Gildor:

"Well, I did not, and neither does Cirdan..."

[END OF PART I]